Saturday, February 24, 2007

mantra

I said at the beginning of this cycle that I really wanted to be positive. I really want to believe that this can and will work. I've struggled with that (reasonably, I think) when things haven't gone as planned, but I'm a work in progress myself so I think it's ok for me to struggle.

Before I went in for retrieval, I said over and over to myself for days, "healthy sperm, healthy eggs, healthy embryos, healthy babies."

Over and over.


***

Fertilization Report:

Of the 9 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature.

We did half ICSI, half unassisted fertilization.

Of the 5 that we ICSI'd... 4 fertilized.

Of the 4 we let go naturally... 4 fertilized!

We have 8 embryos!

***

healthy sperm, healthy eggs, healthy embryos, healthy babies...

5 comments:

Liv said...

Healthy. Healthy. Healthy.

What you put out there, you get back. Keep up with the positivity.

Good job eggs, sperm, and new embryos!!!

Cat, Galloping said...

that's some pretty great news, my friend!

Irish Girl said...

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Ms. Perky said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!!!

Looking good...