Monday, February 12, 2007

operation secret bathroom shoot-up

Dinner thing went well. Both more and less entertaining/boring than I had anticipated. My shot time coincided with the start of dinner so I was able to slip away when most people were glued to their seats and eagerly awaiting the arrival of a basket of bread. Very glad I didn't wear a dress. Would have been extremely difficult to do holding my dress in my mouth in the confines of a stall. And very inappropriate to pull a dress up outside of a stall. Pants come highly recommended here.

Later in the evening, P asked me for a pen (which I always carry along with a little notepad. there are some interesting tidbits written down there including the license plate # of a woman who was a bitch to me in a parking lot once and an idea for a children's book) Anyway. I was getting the pen out and my baggie of gonal-f pen and used needles was right on top and the woman I was talking to looked down and saw it. I made some quick comment about dirty needles but I don't know if she heard/understood or not. On a positive note, I actually liked talking to this person and we may have this couple over and ask them if they'll be our new best friends. Do you think that would be coming on too strong?

4 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Definitely not too strong. And when she comes over, you could say, "I saw you admiring my used Gonal-F pen, so I got you one too!" And you could wrap up one of the used ones as a gift :-)

twirl said...

What a great idea! And since I've saved every used pen ever (we can discuss the psychology of WHY another time!) I have plenty to spare. I could include a starter-pack of tiny screw-on needles too since I have a whole container full.

Seriously, who wouldn't want dinner at my house?

Anonymous said...

Y'all are too funny...

Tara said...

All too familiar for me... Like from a week ago.

:)