Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sometimes I miss having friends

Over the holidays I met someone who might possibly join P's family. I really enjoyed being around her and it reminded me a little of what I'm missing out on by being such a loner.

In some ways, moving has been rough on me. I've moved away from everyone I know more than once now, and it's really hard to make new friends. Sometimes I miss having someone in my own time zone that I can just call up whenever I have something to say.

There are parts of my life that I don't share on my blog. I just can't. I've written about this problem that I have in a round about way several times and then deleted it because I'm just not comfortable putting it all out there (details about my ovaries, sure) for the internet to read. In fact, I can think of three issues that I've wanted to write about but haven't because I don't want it all on the internet. Here's where a real-life friend would come in handy.

Right now I'm feeling a little bit whiny. A little "it's all about me and my problems are HUGE!" so I can't imagine dumping on anyone (although I'm sure P would love the respite!) I hate whining to people. I much prefer to be the listening friend.

I almost didn't post this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's not the perfect answer - but you can call me anytime and I would be happy to listen.

BigP's Heather said...

If you just want to get it out there, email it to me and just put "Heather Delete This" in the subject and I will delete without reading but you will have gotten it out - or if you want me to read, I will...

I don't know what time zone you are in but I'm in CST and I'd be happy to listen.

Stephanie said...

Have you ever read "Moving On After Moving In" by Susan Miller? It is a really good book. Moving to a new place is hard on anyone.
Making quality friends is even harder. Check out www.justmoved.org
I hope you meet the perfect real life friend soon.

Irish Girl said...

I'm a loner too. Always have been. I have friends, but I've moved a lot too, and honestly I'm not all that good about keeping in touch. Loner = me.

Totally get what you're saying. Although I tend to put more on the internet than I probably should. Sometimes I delete those posts after a day or two too.

If you want to vent, you know where to find me via email :) One loner to another.