Saturday, October 29, 2005

why yes, I DO spend too much time watching TV!

I'm feeling cranky about TV in general. First of all, I'm tired of crying because I see something "sad" even though I know it's NOT REAL. It doesn't seem to matter what type of program it is. Crime, drama, sitcom, documentary... "Oh, the poor czar lost his parents and then his beloved wife died and he became Ivan the Terrible who killed lots of people? How sad for him that his wife died. " Seriously.

Second, some of "my" shows really need to pick things up.

Gilmore Girls...
they need to get those two talking again. The show just sucks like this. Also, no way would Rory have dropped out of Yale. I don't like what they're doing to her character, especially last season. Anyone else bummed that they didn't get to do their "21 things" plan? I miss my mommy.

Hello, Lost...? Twirl here. Reruns suck. Reruns at the start of the season especially suck. I understand that they wanted to put the next episode on during sweeps, but still... grr. If someone's going to die, and the spoilers certainly indicate that someone will, then let's get to it! The show loses something if the momentum dies down.

CSI:Miami...
I do not watch you anymore, and I'm HAPPY! You hear that? I'm completely CSI-free! (I still love Without a Trace and Cold Case though.) Not a complaint, really, but given that P still watches, I'll toss it out there that David Caruso's speech pattern just bugs the heck out of me.

Not a complaint, just a comment: I could totally feel for Sandra Oh's character (Grey's Anatomy) when she finally broke down and cried, "Somebody sedate me!" I wanted to help her, hug her, hook her up with an injection, and cry with her.

3 comments:

Cat, Galloping said...

I missed the last GG because it was raining. Stupid DirecTV. But I agree they need to get talking again. And also I don't understand Rory's complete and total personality transformation. The dropping out of Yale thing was much too random and then the whole DAR thing is really ridiculous. And ARGH I saw Jess is coming back so that will be annoying.

As for Lost, yeah, WTF is up with three weeks of re-runs after like 4 episodes, two of which were almost identical anyway?

Truthfully there is almost nothing bearable on TV this season. Very sad.

Cat, Galloping said...

Oh and I hope that if someone dies on Lost that it's Jack. He's so annoying.

twirl said...

Do you read spoilers? I didn't want to say too much...