Wednesday, December 14, 2005

5 things

Ok, so like Cat, I don't really get the whole "telling you all something about me" thing since this is all about me already, but in the spirit of participation, here are 5 things you (probably) didn't know about me:

  1. I used to hate Christmas.* Growing up was crap and it was always a fight about which house I was going to be at and for how long and someone was always upset/disappointed and I ended up resenting all holidays. Christmas music makes me cringe and is not tolerated at home (P is really enjoying his new iPod!) I can't stand opening up presents in front of people because I'm always worried about my response. Now I don't hate Christmas, but it's still stressful because P and I each have family many miles away from us and each other. It's expensive and someone will always miss out. And I still have a hard time getting presents.
  2. I was born with birth defects (that were easily corrected when I was a baby) because of an anti-nausea drug my mom was prescribed (not thalidomide.) The drug has since come off the market.
  3. We have investments, but I don't understand them. I'm in charge of all the rest of our household finances (and I'm good at it,) but for some reason, the investing thing just won't sink into my brain.
  4. I like to think that I don't give a damn about not having many friends here, but when I'm completely honest with myself, I know that I do care. I've never been the kind who has lots of friends, just a few close ones. Unfortunately, my good friends all live in different states now. The phone is awesome, but I miss them all.
  5. I'm considering applying to a master's program when we move, but I don't know what to study. I honestly don't know what I want to do "when I grow up." I've always wanted to spend at least the first couple years at home with my children (haha) and the last three years have really crapped on that plan. So I'm feeling like I need to decide on something and do it, but I can't make up my mind.
So there are 5 things about me. I don't mind being tagged, but I'm quite sure I don't run fast enough to catch anyone else. If you want to participate, please do.

No comments: